Browse Items (63 total)

A view of the front of the chapel at Mt Notre Dame. The chapel was consecrated on December 10 1868 under the title of the Immaculate Conception. The previous chapel was converted into a much-needed hall with a stage on one end for the students to use…


A view of the steeple of the chapel at Mt Notre Dame from the side with an unidentified priest in a yard.

Tags: ,

An angled view of the main building and the chapel at Mt Notre Dame. The main building was the original convent, academy, and chapel. It wasn't until 1868, eight years after the academy opened, that the chapel was completed, using limestone from the…

A rear image of St Joseph's Hall, built in the late 1870s, was incredibly useful for the Sisters as an extra space for their community room. Before St Joseph's Hall was built, all the assemblies were held in the refectory.

Young children receiving the sacrament of First Communion in the chapel at Mt Notre Dame.

A view of Sr Superior Louise's tomb inside the chapel at The Summit. Sr Superior Louise envisioned The Summit, but died in 1888, a year before the property was purchased by Sr Superior Julia. She was originally buried at the Mt Notre Dame cemetery,…

Tags: ,

A view of the casket at the funeral for Sr Superior Julia in The Summit's chapel. Sr Superior Julia built The Summit from Sr Superior Louise's vision and transformed it into a convent, school, and novitiate.

Tags: ,

A view of the tomb where Sr Superior Julia was buried in The Summit's chapel until 2012. In 2012, she and Sr Superior Louise were reburied in the cemetery at Mt Notre Dame, so as to be closer to the community.

Tags: ,

A view of the communion ceremony for the boys at The Summit's chapel. Along with scholastic education, the Sisters also provided classes and preparation for students receiving their First Communion.

Summit newly built.jpg
A view of the front of the newly constructed Summit school and convent. Originally intended to be a convalescent home, construction plans soon changed to include a school in the building of The Summit.

A view of the community at The Summit on the side of the chapel. The chapel, complete in 1895, was built in a Gothic style and adorned with many beautiful carvings, windows, and marble.

A view of the stage in the St Cecilia Hall auditorium at The Summit. Until 1895 when the chapel was built, St Cecilia Hall was the school and community chapel. After 1895, St Cecilia Hall became the official auditorium of the school. The hall was…

A view of the convent chapel on the first floor of the Holy Family Convent in Dayton. The convent was renovated in 1954 to create more space for the Sisters teaching at Holy Family School.

Tags: ,

An image of what is likely identified as the renovated Hamilton chapel of 1925. An open house was offered to the public to inspect the new addition.

Tags: ,

An image of what is likely the first or second edition of the chapel used by the Sisters in their convent on Second St in Hamilton. The convent was built across the street from St Joseph's church on Second St.

Tags: ,

The interior of the chapel built in 1930 for the Sisters. The Sisters arrived in 1925 at the Sts Joachim and Anne parish and opened the parochial school with 229 children.

The interior of the chapel at St Catherine of Genoa in Brooklyn, which the Sisters used for prayer. When the Sisters moved to their new convent in 1928, many remarked at what a "gem" the new chapel was.

Tags: ,

An interior view of the convent chapel with the statue of St Julie below the statue of Mary.

An interior view of the convent chapel.

Tags: ,

The front of the convent chapel showing the altar, statues, and crucifix.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2