Documents and photos showing the lives, works, and community of the Sisters in Glendale, Arizona.
An image of the front of the church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help at 55th and Lamar Ave. in Glendale, AZ. The parish of OLPH was the first location in Arizona that the Sisters settled in. When the Sisters arrived in the summer of 1950, they quickly…
An interior view of the church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help at 55th and Lamar. The image is believed to be before a possible fire burned a significant amount and it had to be renovated.
A view of a migrant worker's house on the perimeter of the Our Lady of Perpetual Help parish boundaries. Sisters both in the OLPH and Most Holy Trinity in Phoenix would teach the children of the migrants.
A side view of the old church at 55th and Lamar. As the community in the parish continued to grow, Sisters needed increasing room. One place they found for classroom space was in the back of the church.