New York City, New York

Title

New York City, New York

Description

Photos and documents showing the lives and works of the Sisters and their community in New York.

Items in the New York City, New York Collection

St Catherine of Genoa Chapel Interior
The interior of the chapel at St Catherine of Genoa in Brooklyn, which the Sisters used for prayer. When the Sisters moved to their new convent in 1928, many remarked at what a "gem" the new chapel was.

St Catherine of Genoa Chapel Altar
The altar used in the convent chapel by the Sisters at St Catherine of Genoa.

St Catherine of Genoa Church Entrance
The front doors to the St Catherine of Genoa Church. The original church was dedicated and opened in 1912 through the work of the parish men and boys.

St Catherine of Genoa Church Exterior
An angled view of the St Catherine church. The original church was damaged by fire in 1923 and was re-opened in 1924 with substantial changes.

St Catherine of Genoa Church - New York City, Interior
The interior of the church at St Catherine of Genoa. In 1923, the church was badly damaged by fire and parishioners went to Mass at the County Building on Clarkson Avenue. The rebuilt church opened in 1924 and was enlarged.

St Catherine of Genoa Convent
The exterior of the convent used by the Sisters that was opened in 1928. When the Sisters first opened St Catherine of Genoa School in 1924, they lived in unused rooms on the top floor. As the student numbers grew, however, more room was needed and…

Sts Joachim and Anne Convent Chapel
The interior of the chapel built in 1930 for the Sisters. The Sisters arrived in 1925 at the Sts Joachim and Anne parish and opened the parochial school with 229 children.

Sts Joachim and Anne Convent
The exterior of the convent used by the Sisters at Sts Joachim and Anne parish. The convent, complete with a roof garden, was built in 1930 to give more space to the Sisters who had previously lived on the second floor of the school.