Browse Items (13 total)

Sr Loretto Julia Carroll visiting with novices at Ilchester, MD.

A full classroom of postulants at Ilchester receiving training.

Sr Ann Cornelia Vaughn teaching a full classroom of novices at Ilchester, MD.

A photo from the visit of Superior Mother Josepha de St Francois in 1959. Also included are American Provincials and the Ilchester community.

An aerial view of the grounds before the Sisters purchased the property. The original buildings were used by the Donaldson School for boys, which closed in 1933.

A view of the driveway entrance to the Trinity Preparatory School in Ilchester, MD. The school opened on September 17, 1934 with 17 boarders and 5 day pupils, and was accredited by the US Department of Education of Maryland in 1939.

Tags: ,

A view of the Novice and Postulant house (or novitiate) and the surrounding grounds. The novitiate for the Sisters in the eastern US was once held in Waltham, MA, but was transferred to Ilchester in 1934 by Provincial Sr Rosalia of the Blessed…

An exterior view of St Anne's Hall in Ilchester, MD. The hall temporarily served as the first chapel when the Sisters arrived in 1934, but later was used for classrooms.

Tags: ,

A view at the interior of the chapel pews, altar, and statues. The first mass was held on August 10, 1934 for the Feast of St Lawrence.

Tags: ,

A color photo of the Corpus Christi Chapel, erected in 1923, and the Provincial House, or also called St Mary's Hall, which was built in 1914.

A photo of the large crucifix at the Ilchester cemetery.


An exterior view of two buildings used by the Trinity Preparatory School in Ilchester.

An exterior view of St Mary's Hall, a part of Trinity Preparatory School.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2